Job Expired - Click here to search for similar jobs
Job Title: Patient Food Service Asst
Department: Food & Nutrition
Shift: 4th (Rotating)
Specialty: Food Service
Date Posted: 03/17/2023
Position Type: Support Services
Rush University Medical Center
Patient Food Service Assistant
4th Shift Rotating
Performs food service related activities to ensure patient satisfaction. Ensures food service sanitation and Quality Control standards are met. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
1. Delivers patient meal trays, continental breakfast, between meal snacks, and nourishments. Uses scripts, age appropriate guidelines, and patient identification procedures when passing trays and nourishments; Follows infection control and food safety guidelines; Collects trays after meal service.
2. Ensures patients with prescribed diets receive meal trays on units assigned.
3. Delivers and collects patient selective menus; assists patients with menu selection as appropriate.
4. Prepares food for, assembles, and serves patient trays.
5. Reports patient food preferences, patient requests, unusual intake and comments to the clinical nutrition staff.
6. Maintains and improves patient satisfaction scores on unit assigned.
7. Cleans and sanitizes nourishment centers and soiled tray carts, ensures all equipment is in working order; reports equipment problems to supervisors; records designated refrigerator temperatures daily, as appropriate.
8. Requisitions, delivers, stores, and tallies floor stock and nourishments. Records amount of par stock delivered to each patient care unit; Ensures food on par stock cart remains in the temperature safety zone; Ensures all food is labeled and dated in the nourishment galley.
9. Clears over bed tables for patients and prepares beverages prior to each meal. 10. Uses hospital computer and communication systems for patient meal service.
10. Assists in training personnel as assigned.
11. Follows hospital and department policies and procedures.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
1. High School or Equivalent (GED) preferred
2. Food Handlers card required within 30 days of hire.
3. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English and demonstrate reading ability.
Note: On the Job Training to include training of appropriate interventions based on patient's age and developmental status; On the job competency will be evaluated
Able to perform as an active team player, Customer Service Orientation.
Enjoys working with people/patients.
Good interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, positive and pleasant demeanor at all times.
Able to demonstrate basic math and computer skills.
Able to work independently without direct supervision.
Exhibit critical thinking and decision making skills.
Able to function in a fast-paced work environment.
Able to pay close attention to detail.
Able to handle volatile situations.
Able to demonstrate a sense of urgency.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Foodservice and customer service experience.
Must be able to lift 30 - 50 pounds and push or pull a cart of food trays.
Work demands 100% walking and/or standing.
Work duties may demand standing in place for extended periods, stooping, bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling.
Able to communicate with patients and staff using a variety of audio-technology.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Date Posted: 22 March 2023Job Expired - Click here to search for similar jobs